STOMP – Mass Loaded Vinyl – Acoustical Shielding for Floor Applications
A Mass Loaded Vinyl used in Floor Applications
- May be used under carpet, vinyl, tile, wood, laminate and resilient floorings.
- Made of highly engineered & recycled polymer-sound abatement material which has been used in the auto industry for 30+ years.
- STOMP Mass Loaded Vinyl is a minimum of 5 times heavier than other underlayment.
- Mold and mildew resistant.
- Surface weight = .75 lb. per sq.ft.
- Thickness 0.150”
- Roll Size 3′ x 34′ (102 sq. ft.)
- Product = Mass Loaded Vinyl EVA Fiber
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Passed G-21 Test (the only underlayment in the industry that passed).
- Mold and mildew: Tested in accordance with ASTM D 3273-00. Rating = 10 (no growth)
- Values vary depending upon the assembly. Here are some standard installations.1/2″ engineered hardwood over STOMP on 6″ concrete non-insulated slab: IIC = 46 | STC = 46.
1/2″ engineered hardwood over STOMP on wood joist with 1.5″ thick gypsum concrete: IIC = 55 | STC = 53
8″ concrete slab with insulated acoustical drop ceiling below and laminated hardwood flooring on top: IIC = 58 | STC = 58
- Meets 1 hour fire resistance floor test complying to ASTM E119-12.
- Position STOMP with the Mass Loaded Vinyl (black) side down onto the floor for hard surfaces such as ceramic tile or wood flooring. Position STOMP with the Mass Loaded Vinyl (black) side up for installation of vinyl or resilient flooring.
- Place edge to edge multiple pieces of STOMP to complete the coverage of the room being treated.
- Add desired flooring on top of STOMP as per recommended installation techniques.
- Carpet and vinyl layers can go directly on top.
- Wood floors can be nailed directly on top.
- Laminate floors can be floated directly on top.
- Ceramic and other hard tile surface floors can have the adhesive compound added to the top surface of STOMP – then add ceramic tile to complete the job.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For ceramic and other hard surface tile floor installations be sure to
use an epoxy fortified adhesive and grout system.