STRUCTODEK HD with PRIMED RED COATING
|STRUCTODEK® HIGH DENSITY (HD)
FIBERBOARD ROOF INSULATION
COVER BOARD WITH PRIMED RED COATING
|Data Sheet | Guide Specs | Brochure|
The proprietary, patent pending, non-asphaltic Primed Red Coating integrated on the surface of STRUCTODEK HD possesses unique bonding characteristics that ultimately result in superior adhesion capabilities with the current membrane & adhesive technology on the market today. The nonasphaltic Primed Red Coating is compatible with all single-ply membranes including PVC, TPO, EPDM, and CSPE without concern of premature membrane degradation that is often associated with asphalt emulsion coated fiberboard products.
Additionally the Primed Red Coating, unlike asphalt emulsion coated products, has proven to be compatible with traditional, low VOC and water-based adhesives as well as many foam adhesives. The Primed Red Coating allows adhesives & foams to “key” into the STRUCTODEK HD surface while at the same time deterring excessive adhesive absorption. The unique Primed Red Coating allows for a solid membrane bond while still providing optimal square foot per gallon of adhesive coverage thus insuring a quality & cost effective membrane installation.
STRUCTODEK Red Video
While STRUCTODEK HD with Primed Red Coating was designed with the single-ply application in mind it contains many of the same great attributes as STRUCTODEK HD with the traditional non-asphaltic black coating. Accordingly it also works well with asphaltic based systems (BUR), coal tar, and cold-process adhesive products. Additionally, STRUCTODEK HD with Primed Red Coating has also been successful in peel and-stick applications without the typical need for an additional primer in many instances. The rigid and strong, yet lightweight nature of STRUCTODEK HD with Primed Red Coating is better than heavier alternatives and will keep the roof load below the specified maximum weight. Structodek HD with Primed Red Coating is offered coated on 2 sides and available in 4’x4′ and 4’x8′ panels.
STRUCTODEK HD with Primed Red Coating can be used as an insulation board, cover board, or re-roof/recover board. The product is a high-density roofing board designed for low-slope single-ply, as well as traditional roof system applications.
• ASTM C 208, Type II, Grade 1 and Grade 2
• CAN/ULC-S706-09 Type II, Classes 1 and 2
• UL Classified, Std UL 790
• ULC Classified, Std CAN/ULC-S107
• FM Approved Class 1 – FM Approval Standard 4450/4470
• Canadian Evaluation CCMC #13186-L
• FBC FL # 13792.1
• Miami-Dade County, Florida; NOA No.: 13-0626.02; Expiration Date 09/18/18
MASTERFORMAT NUMBER AND TITLE
07 22 16 – Roof Board Insulation
• Compatible with PVC, TPO, EPDM, CSPE single-ply membranes as well as more traditional systems.
• Compatible with most low VOC, water-based and traditional adhesives.
• Superior adhesion without excess adhesive absorption.
• Compatible with most direct peel-and-stick applications.
• BUR compatible – easily handles hot asphalt.
• Approved in thousands of FM RoofNav® & UL Class A and Class 1 rated roof system assemblies.
• Green, non-asphaltic coating – contributes to LEED credits.
• Hail resistant, structurally rigid, easily handles heavy foot traffic and wheeled loads.
• Possesses SOUNDSTOP® sound deadening technology.
• Contributes to thermal insulation with R-values of 1.3 per ½”.
• Lightweight, fiberglass free, cuts with a standard utility knife.
• Compressive strength exceeds the Canadian standard at 10% deformation for ½” thickness.
• Coated 2 sides Primed Red provides optimal surface bond- ing characteristics ideal for use in single and multiple layer roof systems.
• Waxes & other moisture resistant components are added early in the manufacturing process providing superior core and edge protection. The integral moisture resistant components protect the edges in stock panel size (4’x4′ or 4’x8′) and, more importantly, also protects the edges when the product is cut on the jobsite.
• Cost effective solution- a value engineered champion.
Do not expose to open flame or excessive heat. May smoulder if ignited. If ignited, extinguish completely. Do not apply flame directly to material when installing a modified bitumen system. Material must be kept dry at all times; in storage and during application. Apply only as much STRUCTODEK HD with Primed Red Coating in one day as can be covered by completed roofing system that day. Do not use as an underlayment for shingles. In re-roofing applications, all wet areas in old roof should be cut out and replaced. Before material is installed, remove all loose and protruding gravel.
STRUCTODEK HD with Primed Red Coating must not be used in close proximity to chimneys, heater units, fireplaces, steam pipes, or other surfaces which could provide longterm exposure to excessive heat (maximum 212° F) without adequate thermal protection. Consult appropriate heating appliance manufacturer’s instructions before installation.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
• MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
• MR Credit 4: Recycled Content
• MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
• MR Credit 6: Rapidly Renewable Materials
• IEQ Credit 4.4: Low-Emitting Materials – Composite Wood and Agrifiber Products
Fastening Patterns: Fastening patterns will vary based upon
specific membrane manufacturers’ assemblies. Please refer
to membrane manufacturer fastening requirements.
|Physical Properties||½" Thickness Values|
|Transverse Strength, lbf||12 – 14|
|Tensile Strength Parallel, min, lbf/in²||150|
|Tensile Strength Perpendicular, min, lbf/ft²||600|
|Water Absorption by volume, max, %||7|
|Moisture Content by weight, max, %||10|
|Linear Expansion 50-90% RH, max, %||0.5|
|Modulus of Rupture, min, lbf/in²||275|
|Deflection at Specified Min. Load, max, in.||0.75|
|Flute Spanability, max width, in.||1-5/8|
|Compressive Strength, min, lbf/in²||15|
|R- Value, ft²·h·ºF/BTU in||1.3|
Material last updated April 2014.