RENOVATION – Mass Loaded Vinyl – Acoustical Shielding for Retrofit Wall Applications
A Mass Loaded Vinyl used in Retrofit Wall Applications
- Installs easily with an adhesive, like wallpaper
- Acts as a sound, air and moisture barrier
- Meets interior smoke and fire standards
- Roll Weight = 101 LBS
- Thickness 0.125”
- Roll Size = 4′ x 30′ / 120 square feet
- Product = Mass Loaded Vinyl EVA
- R Value = > .3
- Flame Spread = 5 Class A
- Smoke Developed Index = 5 Class A
- Passed ASTM E 84 Fire & Smoke Test
- Tested in accordance w/ ASTM D 3273-00 (2005)
- Simply apply premium vinyl flooring adhesive to the existing wall surface with 3/32 inch V notched trowel. Or use an aerosol spray adhesive for use with resilient vinyl flooring
- With scrim surface facing out, place RENOVATION Acoustical Shielding in position at top of wall.
- Lower sheet along wall being careful not to get adhesive on the face surface of RENOVATION Mass Loaded Vinyl.
- Insert staples along top edge of sheet to hold in place. 3-4 staples per sheet should be sufficient to temporarily hold sheet in place until adhesive dries.
- Using your hands apply light pressure to RENOVATION Acoustical Shielding sheet to ensure full contact with adhesive surface.
- With a sweeping motion of your hands force all trapped air from behind the sheet towards the edges. This will ensure full contact with the wall and provide a smooth ready to paint surface.
- For each additional sheet of RENOVATION Acoustical Shielding to be installed repeat step one; applying adhesive using V notched trowel as you install sheet.
- Repeat sheet placement and installation as performed on prior sheet placing edges together to form a tight seam with no gaps.
- Remove excess adhesive along the seam joint to minimize surface irregularities.
- Apply thin line of wall spackle along the seam.
- Dress the seam with a damp rag or sponge to remove excess spackle. This is done with a cross seam wiping motion.
- Allow spackle to dry before painting.
- Apply paint as you would to any drywall surface, prime; drywall texture or apply wall